Friday, April 11, 2008

The Mirror...




(pic courtesy: http://photografr.com/2007/06/)

I wish there was a mirror,

Which told me how I felt

Which showed me my true self

But then I am afraid

That if I knew what I was

Would I still love myself?


Mirrors are traders,

They give you what you give them..

Neither less, nor more

But of some things m still unsure

Wht if …..the mirror doesn’t reflect the truth ?

Wht if ….its a shrewd trickster,

Swindling around with our images?

Coz what I see in the mirror is not me, I know

And what I really am, I still hesitate to show….


I wonder whether I will find a true mirror,

Reflecting ME,

Echoing MY voice…

Though harsh, but so true,

Though aching, but still so sweet,

Coz mirror is reflection of pretence, not thoughts

It is so untrue and false,

It deceives me throughout my life,

Gets me back to the start…

to go around again!


I blind myself to my own thirst….

I starve my soul,

Bind my flight,

Curb my voice,

Mould my image,

To fit that mirror,

Oh! That limiting mirror…

Unaware of my potential,

Ignorant of my choices……


If it’s just that mirror which hold me back

I refuse to gaze in it

I reject the need of its approval

Coz I know that it’s too shallow to gauge my depth

And I pity those who spend their whole life framed in that mirror….

Oh! That limiting mirror…..

4 comments:

RSS said...

sahi poem! best lines -

Coz what I see in the mirror is not me, I know

And what I really am, I still hesitate to show.....

varun said...

awesome yaar,
knew that u r champ in studies nd read alot but u write much better.
cheers to u..

Phoenix said...

Oh! That limiting mirror…

every mirror has layers and layers has limits but, my dear friend, number of layers are limitless

But yes "Oh! That limiting mirror…"

A grain of sand said...

Aah. Very thought provoking and beautiful! The limitations of the mirror. It shows what you expect it to show!